Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 9 2014

Well how many people can say they spent their 21st birthday on the other side of the world playing basketball and baptizing people! On Saturday we played basketball with some investigators and of course I got hurt, jammed my hand/wrist on an Elders leg and bruised it pretty good. I still made the shot so it was ok, right dad? Then at night sister Huang got baptized and bore one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard from someone that just got baptized, it was really cool! She asked me to baptize her and so that was really cool. She also told me before that she wanted me to hold her under for 5 seconds, as she counted on her fingers to show me how long. haha I just laughed and said probably not. When I baptized her I found out she was serious because I had to completely lift her out of the water and stand her on her feet!!! Then, after, they through a big party for me and bought TONS of food and two cakes!!! She gave me a present, it was a light up glass picture of me her and Elder Shelton on it!! She is so crazy and awesome! My Birthday was really good!

Not too much happened this week other than that. We did have a cool experience while contacting. I am pretty sure the guy was Atheist but he was willing to listen. We started talking about prayer. He brought up "how is got supposed to answer EVERYONE'S prayers, there are probably at least 100 people that are all praying at the same time how does he answer all of them?" I have thought about that as well but the spirit put the answer in my mind at the time I needed it!!! I said "well don't you think that someone that has enough power to create the world and all of us would be able to answer someone’s simple prayer?" It hit him and he was like oh I guess he could. Then he told us he was going to talk to his girlfriend and hopefully meet with us so we will see what happens.

Sister Lin or Lin mama (the mom of the sister missionary in our district) now has a baptismal goal for the 29th of this month! SWEET!  She is so ready and is coming to church now so she should hit it as long as she doesn't get cold feet!!! What an awesome day that will be!

I hope all of you have a great week and thank you all for the packages and birthday wishes they mean so much!!! I don't think you understand how much they mean!!! They make us missionaries’ day!

Here is a quote that I read in a LIahona this week it says "Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the things you don’t want to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

Love you all have a great week!


Love Elder Roberts





No comments:

Post a Comment