Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

November 23, 2014

This week has been pretty exciting, on Monday we only got to email and our P-day was on Friday because of transfers. On Monday while emailing we got a call from President saying Elder Ng was going to be training a new missionary so we were really confused what was going to happen to me because I was told I was staying in my area. We ended up splitting into a 4 man and he is white washing (starting from nothing) with his trainee and I get to keep all the investigators :) So this week we had a lot of meetings and stuff getting ready for the new people and for him training. On Friday he went and picked up his new companion and some of the other Elders came over and we cleaned our whole house and organized it for the new guy.... I got my new companion and his name is Elder Rock, he is super cool and likes pretty much everything I like so it will be a fun next couple weeks! :) He is from Minnesota and is Native American! Super cool! He has been in Taiwan for 4 months :)

Lin mama passed her interview and is going to get baptized on Saturday! We had one of Presidents counselors do the interview and after he told me that we have to make sure her daughter that is serving in this area comes to the baptism and that she gives a talk! Ha-ha this will probably be one of the coolest baptisms I have had yet! It is really awesome to be able to help bring this Gospel into her life and to see it affecting the family! I don't even know how to explain it but it is really cool! :)

This week during our morning work outs we have had some funny things happen!!! Thursday morning I we were at the track and I was over doing pull-ups an push-ups and this old guy comes walking over and waves at me, I looked behind me thinking he was waving to someone else then looked back at him and he waved again but this time gave me a huge smile with his three teeth! Then he slowly walks over to the pull up bars and grabs on and starts hanging from it like all the old people do, then out of the blue he cranks out 10 pull ups like it was nothing and then slowly limps away!!! I was pretty impressed and kind of embarrassed because this old guy that can barely walk just came over and showed me up! Then like ten minutes later he came walking over and gets in push up position and does like 50 push-ups.... ha-ha luckily it was time for us to leave! :) The old people are crazy here!! :) Then Saturday Elder Rock disappeared for a little while and when I found him again he was missing a sock.... I asked him if he was running so fast it fell off and he just said the bathroom is out of toilet paper.... ha-ha I had a pretty good laugh about it but he lost one of his good socks! :)

That was pretty much the week Hope all of you had a great week! And have a happy thanks giving! What are you thankful for? Try to do something nice for someone and let them know how thankful you are to have them in your life! Love You all!! :) Live life to the fullest! :)


Love Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment