Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

December 8, 2014

This week has been pretty awesome! I have been sick all week with a cold but other than that a lot of fun stuff happened! Ha-ha On Dec. 1st it got cold! It was super weird but now it is getting warm again! It wasn’t anything like Utah but I put on a wind breaker! It has been super nice though up until this last week! This week we had our mission Christmas party which was sweet! We went and saw a huge Buddha and then went to a buffet on the 43rd floor of a hotel that looked out over the ocean! I got to see all of my old companions and it was super fun! After dinner we all crammed in the elevator to go down and it stopped about half way down so we all turned to face the back of the elevator and the doors opened and the guy just sat there for a second until one of the elders told him he could get in then a couple more floors down it stopped and another Asian got in and the one that was already inside says to the other (in Chinese thinking we can’t understand) "when I got in they were all turned facing the back" Then we all started to laugh and he says "what you understand!" in his broken English then turns back around shaking his head in embarrassment! It was super funny! :)


Other than that though nothing to exciting happened! Everyone keeps asking me if I forgot to shave when it gets later in the day because my chin hair is starting to grow fast. Sister Huang is still crazy! Ha-ha but I figured out why I don’t understand a lot of thing she says, she is a lot like mom! She will be thinking about something and then just start talking to you half way through her thought! For example the other day we were in the hall talking and she says “in a second what’s going to happen fruit" hmmmm I understand what you said but it doesn’t make sense! ha-ha she also came up to us and said "pudding" then didn’t understand why we didn’t know what she was talking about.... ha-ha she is so funny it makes me miss my mom! :)

Yesterday I started to do this thing called Project Purification It is where you fast and you write down all the things that distract you from the work and then you fast from all those things for 40 days, you don’t talk about them or think or anything like that so that should be cool to do for the next month and I am really going to need help!! Ha But yesterday I really prayed for help to be able to feel the importance of the sacrament and to help me prepare for church so I could feel the spirit! I had the opportunity to pass the sacrament and I just couldn't stop smiling the whole time! I sat down and noticed how good and happy I felt and it was so awesome! I don’t think I have ever been so happy on a fast Sunday as I was yesterday! :) Ha-ha God answers prayers and he likes sacrifice! The more we sacrifice the more we will be blessed!! 

I love you guys and hope you have a great week! 


Love Elder Roberts 愛阮張




No comments:

Post a Comment