Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

November 30 2014

This week was full of finding!! We did a lot of contacting at the begging of the week but a lot of little things still happened this week! :) On Tuesday morning I ran a mile in 5:20!!! I was running and kept looking at my watch and I couldn't see it very good but I thought I was running slower than usual so I would run faster and faster and it was kind of hard but I have been sick so I thought that was why and so I just kept pushing myself faster and faster and then I finished thinking I ran pretty slow and I looked at my watch and it was at 5:20, it was awesome! :) This week I am going to break 5 minutes! ;)

We had Mission Tour this week and Elder Gong, from the Quorum of the 70 and he is the Asian Area President, came and spoke with us. We did a lot on the first vision and the restoration it was super good! They asked all of us to memorize the first vision before and then we all had to teach that part and say the first vision. It was a good meeting and on top of that they gave us a big thanks giving lunch!!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!! I haven't had mashed potatoes and gravy in so long and it tasted so good!!! :) Ha-ha I can't wait to get home and have some of my grandmas’ Delicious gravy!!! :)

On Monday we went to Costco and got a bunch of food to fill up our fridge and for the move call and then Tuesday morning our fridge was no longer cold.... our big fridge full of food was now broke and the only other option we had was the mini one that the other elders were using.... When we asked them if we could put our milk in there you would have thought we were asking for their first born! They acted like we were nuts ha-ha then I told them we were putting our milk in their fridge and they didn't have a choice and they just went quiet :) I guess that is what I get for taking the big fridge though.... ha-ha Later that night we were walking around a park and we found this family with these skate things, they are like a rip stick but separated. I don't know what they are called in English ha but we started talking to them and they asked if we wanted to try, of course I did ha-ha but I just ended up making a fool of myself for like an hour! They are so hard!!!! :) It was super fun though and I kind of started to get it at the end! This is a picture of them ha-ha all the little kids would ride around me and make fun of me! : P It was HARD!!!!  :)


This week we BAPTIZED!!!! Sister Lin or Lin mama got baptized and it was awesome! At her baptism they asked her daughter that is serving around here to give a talk and the spirit was so strong! After the baptism Lin mama bore her testimony and I'm pretty sure everyone was crying. She has been being prepared for the last couple years and I am so thankful that I was chosen to be here when she was finally able to o
I am so thankful for this Gospel and for my family thank you guys for everything you do for me! I love you so much and truly do appreciate everything you do! I hope you had a great thanks giving and have great Christmas holidays!! Don't forget why we have Christmas!! :) Love you all!

Love Elder Roberts

Overcome the things that were holding her back! She is so strong now and is going to be such a good member! It is so awesome being able to be here and serve and help people change their lives for the better!!





No comments:

Post a Comment