Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Monday, December 30, 2013

First Babtism!!!


Another week in Paradise!! This week was a little rough with Christmas and everything but super awesome being able to serve the Lords on his birthday and to make it even better we got to baptize the cute little old guy!!  I was able to do it and everything went good!! It was a little difficult saying the prayer in Chinese but I did it and it was so awesome!! 

 

Seeing you guys on Christmas made me realize what truly makes me happy and it made me think about what I was doing here and as much as I miss you guys and as hard as it is being away from home I know that in just a little while I will be back with you.  I thought about what I was doing here and that I am helping people to be able to be with their families and the people that truly make them happy forever!! What an awesome opportunity I have to teach this amazing gospel and to give people such great hope in life and to give them a purpose in life!!

 

This Friday I went on exchanges with the Elder that told me I needed to be more serious and I need to stop joking around so much... haha it was fun I have really learned to be patient and learn how to like people and really get along with them! On Friday night we were heading to one of his investigators but he didn't know the way.... so I was leading and the light turned yellow. I went to go but then the car in front of me started to turn and a guy stepped out in front of me so I hurried and stopped and my companion ended up running into the back of me... I hadn't completely stopped when he hit me so as he came up to the side of me and tipped over. I was still balancing on my bike. I stepped off my bike and reached down to help him and see how he was he says to me in a super whinny voice "why did you stop right there!!!" As if it was my fault. So being the good person I am and trying not to completely lose my temper I road up the road a little bit and waited. He had hit my derailer and bent it into my tire so we ended up pushing my bike for the rest of the night... haha but I didn’t say anything to him about it. The next day he and the other elders brought it up and he still blamed me for it and said I shouldn't have stopped so fast and it was just as much his fault as it was mine, I just laughed and dropped it but that was my excitement for the week.

 

Everything is going good. We have some really good investigates right now and as of right now we have 4 baptisms for next month so hopefully things work out I love you guys and hope you have an awesome new year!!!!

 

JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE!!!!

 

love Elder Roberts

阮俊雄 

ruan jun xiong
 
 





 
 
 
 

2 comments:


  1. The second way, is to use the GMT replica watches sale hand and the bezel to indicate your home time. As you travel to different timezones, you can change to local time by unscrewing the crown and pulling it in the first position and turning it. In this second usage mode, only two times are readable and since the bezel is not being used for timezone changes, it's not the most effective use of the fake watches is features. The rolex replica sale GMT-Master II reviewed here is the two-tone gold and stainless version. It uses rolex replica uk is famous oyster case at 40 mm and it weighs in at 160 grams. The weight is due in part to the gold material and to Rolex's replica watches sale usage of high-grade 904L steel which is forged completely in-house and is supposed to be highly polishable and very resistant to corrosion. The gold is solid 18-karat which is also used in the bezel and the dial markers. Two of my favorite features, which are new in this model, are the oysterlock with easylink clasp and the ceramic bezel.

    ReplyDelete