Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 5


Hello everyone!!! :) First off I want to start off, Dad last week you sent me an email saying it looks like I have lost weight.... come on don't say that, that is like me saying "wow dad it looks like you have put on a few pounds..haha gees I have been working hard and trying to gain weight... I am actually up to about 155 now :) so I have gained over ten pounds since I left and about 5 since I got here! All the rice is almost giving me a belly though I actually had to start doing crunches and stuff so I don't lose my "abs" haha Families have taking us out about 4 times a week probably. Last night we went to a member’s house and they made spaghetti! Not as good as dads but it was still pretty good!! Last P day we went to the batting cages after we finished emailing you guys so that was pretty fun.... except I suck really bad now haha Softball messed me up bad!! Oh well It was still fun.

 

Anyways this week has been pretty good I am actually starting to understand most things that people say to me so that is good. It feels good when you can get people to smile because of your complement. There was this one kid with his girlfriend on the back of a scooter. He pulled up next to us and I looked over at him and said "hwa!! hello shui ge, Nihao ma" which is handsome boy how are you and he looked at me then looked at his girl and just started smiling like that’s right an American just complemented me. Then I talked to him for a while about church and he was smiling the whole time!! It is the best feeling knowing that you are making someone happy. It puts you in a good mood every time! Try it if you are ever feeling down, go and do something for someone else to make them happy and I guaranty you will feel better.

 

We are teaching this super cool guy right now! His name is C.J. and he is 33. He lived in Texas for about 2 years. So his English is really good but he came to English class and that is how we met him! We met with him a couple days later and started to teach him but I forget to ask him to read and pray. The next day we met with him again and he said he prayed at work because he was getting frustrated and then he read a couple PAGES of the book of Mormon. He is so cool!! I have a lot of respect for him to because he was going to school in Texas and had a really good job so his life was going really good and then he found out he had a daughter here in Taiwan!!! He decided he wanted to be a part of her life so he left everything he had there to come back here and now he is working in a noodle factory with his mom and is taking care of his daughter!! Today when we were on our way to email he pulled up next to us and we talked to him and we finally got to meet his daughter!! She is so cute!!! she is 4. He is pretty much a stud and is super respectful and humble. And he is such a cool guy! He took us out for noodles the other night which was pretty cool. Elder Gish told an amazing story relating god to dragon ball z!!! haha I guess in one of the episodes the main guys son is in a fight and he is getting beat up pretty good and everyone was telling the dad to step in and help. But he wouldn't, he would say that his son needs to learn! I know he can do it, and he never lost faith in his son! The son ended up coming back and winning and the father said see I told you he could do it and now because of that he is stronger and better than he was before!!

 

That is how the God is for us sometimes. We might be going through some pretty hard times and wondering why is God doing this to me? Why is this happening to me? But God has faith in us. He knows we can do it! He will help us as much as he can but there is a point where if he just keeps helping us we are not going to be able to learn, grow and develop! I know we all have our challenges and struggles but as long as we keep pushing through them and find the best in them then we will be able to come out and gain something from it! Our purpose here on earth is to learn, grow and develop so that we can return to live with our father in heaven again someday!!

 

I love you guys and hope you have a good week!! 

 

 




 
 
Revelations 3:20-21

2 Nephi 25:28,29

 

Love Elder Roberts

 

阮俊雄 

ruan jun xiong

1 comment:

  1. Hello Roberts family. This is Shannon Gish. Elder Sam Gish's mother. Your son, Elder Roberts and Elder Gish are currently companions in the Taiwan Taichung mission. I received the following in his weekly email and thought you would enjoy reading it. I am so grateful to your family and you son as well.

    "This week was tough on my companion and I as far as numbers go. I got SUPER sick this week and it made it a little tough. But don't worry mom I am all good! :) I got an AMAZING blessing from my wonderful companion...THANK YOU ROBERTS FAMILY FOR RAISING AN AMAZING YOUNG MAN!!!! "

    Feel free to contact me anytime: shannongish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete