Elder Braden Roberts

This blog is maintained by Elder Roberts family. This is not a personal page and Elder Roberts will not personally update this page. You are free to leave comments as well as suggestions to improve this site. Thanks the Roberts family.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 28,2014

So this weekend we got a little surprise!! On Wednesday I had my checkup for my finger and they took out the stitches and he told me everything looks good, my movement is better than most people and I probably will not need rehab, so we asked him when I can ride my bike hoping he is going to tell me earlier.... ha nope he told us that I get to wait another 8 weeks before I can ride my bike... haha so we thought for sure I was going to move into the office for a little bit. When I called on Saturday they told me I wasn't moving and they were going to give it another week and see how I was doing, me and elder Greenhalgh were super excited and thought we were going to be staying together ha boy were we wrong, about 15 minutes later the zone leaders called and told us he was moving and I was getting a new companion! What the heck that was a surprise! My new companion is Elder Shelton he is super cool I met him when I was being trained in Taiping. He is from Lehi and is super chill, before his mission he was super hipster I have been told I don’t know too much about him but I have been told he is super cool!

This week has been quite the week!! ha it started out last Monday after emailing a crazy investigator txt us saying that she was going to give her daughter to the church and commit suicide because we weren't paying enough attention to her and she felt like we didn't care about her..... We met her that Sunday and Luckily we got that taken care of and everything is ok with her but the sisters are teaching her now so we don't really have to worry about her. 

Through the rest of the week we got fanged (people didn't show up) time after time after time! If all of our lessons showed up we would have double mission standards! haha The rain started to come on Tuesday for the typhoon and so Tuesday and Wednesday none of our lessons showed up so we did a lot of calling! The typhoon wasn't too bad, we were in the church whenever it was bad, luckily but it wasn't too bad in my area! There were a couple pretty big trees that got blown over and a lot of broken branches but for the most part it was pretty calm. So Wednesday we spent a lot of time calling and setting up lessons for Thursday so that we could get back on track and get our numbers back up and by the end of the day we had 11 lessons set up so we were pretty excited, until only 4 of those lessons showed up and some of the peoples reasons were because they were too tired to come.... haha by this time of the week I was just ready for the week to be over and didn’t know what else could happen..... haha well I found out :) Friday was weekly planning but we had to leave early to meet with an RC and on our way we called him and he said he was on his way, we get to the church and wait for about 30 minutes and call him again and he says "oh I decided not to come because I have some stuff a little later." What the heck! Ha why didn’t you say that earlier? We ended up quilting him into coming luckily haha then we got home and did planning super-fast so that we could lay down and rest for a little bit and take a break, haha that was nice for about 20 minutes until they started drilling on the floor above us.... haha by this time we just woke up looked at each other and just started to laugh, we didn’t know what else to do :P so we got ready and headed out early to meet with a LA, right when we got to the church that LA called and told us he wasn’t coming anymore because he was tired....  and that is pretty much how our entire week was! But it happened 20 times! 

I learned so much this week though! Elder Greenhalgh had an awesome attitude the whole time and we just had to start laughing at how terrible our week was going! I definitely learned patience and at the end of the week we had to start finding stuff to do to help pick us up at night so we started having rap battles and just stupid stuff to have fun! :) Saturday when I called to see if I was moving Elder Greenhalgh started to get bored and as I am talking to the assistance he pulled up his shirt and started to draw a face around his belly button.... haha I couldn’t help but laugh! :) Over all I would consider it a good week and good learning experience! 

Last thing is WE BAPTIZED again this week! It was super cool he was the first person I have taught from the very beginning to the end! We had a member baptize him and after he was super happy and gave the guy a big hug! It is so fun to see the change in people and how this gospel can help them! Oh one more thing to add to the week Sunday on our way to church bian txt us and said he wasn't Cumming, because he was to tired ha, but he was going to be confirmed and so we were kind of freaking out and luckily we got him to come but man this week was just awesome! :) haha 

Hope you all had a great week and if you didn't well take it and learn from it and make this week be great! :) 

Love you all!


Love Elder Roberts











No comments:

Post a Comment